Melancholia

"Ich steh mit einem Fuß im Grabe"


(I am standing with one foot in the grave),

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

I Can't Quit You Baby - YouTube

I Can't Quit You Baby - YouTube



 
Willie Dixon was born in Vicksburg, MS on July 1, 1915. Dixon is renown as an accomplished songwriter and dedicated bluesman who stands out as not less than sensational. So many of Willie Dixon's music compositions became other popular recording artists hit records it remains unprecedented. Dixon wrote songs that made groups like Muddy Waters, Cream, Chuck Berry, Little Walter, The Yardbirds and Rolling Stones tremendous successes to mention only but a few. "You Shook Me" & "I Can't Quit You Baby" by Willie Dixon became a monster smash for the group Led Zeppelin in 1970 when they released an LP with their version of "I Can't Quit You Baby". Dixon later recieved money damages from Zeppelin in 1987 for closely following the masterful lyrics of "You Need Love" releasing their version of the song as "Whole Lotta Love". I Am The Blues - Sony Music Entertainment/Columbia 1993.

Category:

Tags:

License:

Standard YouTube License

No comments:

Post a Comment