Melancholia

"Ich steh mit einem Fuß im Grabe"


(I am standing with one foot in the grave),

Sunday, August 19, 2012

Song To The Moon - Devorzak


by on Nov 30, 2009
Music video by Renée Fleming, Orchestra of the Welsh National Opera, Gareth Jones performing Song To The Moon. (C) 2003 Decca Music Group Limited
  • Last part, English translation:
    Light up his far away place,
    Tell him, ah, tell him who is here waiting!
    If he is dreaming about me,
    May this remembrance waken him!
    O, moon, don't disappear, disappear!
  • Pisen Rusalky O Mesiku (Song of the Moon), Rusalka's Aria from Rusalka English translation: O moon high up in the deep, deep sky, 
    Your light sees far away regions, 
    You travel round the wide, 
    Wide world peering into human dwellings 
    O, moon, stand still for a moment, 
    Tell me, ah, tell me where is my lover! 
    Tell him. please, silvery moon in the sky, 
    That I am hugging him firmly, 
    That he should for at least a while Remember his dreams!


Song To The Moon - YouTube

LINK: http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=AL94UKMTqg-9AipLcH8Y16bfn1TmhBxoJX&feature=endscreen&v=VLdz-SFFzM0&NR=1

No comments:

Post a Comment