Melancholia

"Ich steh mit einem Fuß im Grabe"


(I am standing with one foot in the grave),

Thursday, July 30, 2015

Donovan_ Mellow Yellow (1967) full album

Published on Sep 10, 2013
Mellow Yellow is the fourth album from British singer-songwriter Donovan. It was released in the US in March 1967 but not released in the UK because of a continuing contractual dispute.
Side one1."Mellow Yellow" -- 3:47
2."Writer in the Sun" -- 4:33+
3."Sand and Foam" -- 3:19
4."The Observation" -- 2:23
5."Bleak City Woman" -- 2:24
Side two1."House of Jansch" -- 2:43
2."Young Girl Blues" -- 3:45
3."Museum" -- 2:54
4."Hampstead Incident" -- 4:41+
5."Sunny South Kensington" -- 3:48+
There is a later cd release with a shed load of bonus tracks on it but this is just the orininal 67 release. I have seen Donovan quite a few times and His voice is a tad too heavy on the vibrato these days but still excellent, He did the sunshine superman in full with a full orchestra at the royal albert hall a few years ago and that was mind blowing very strangely I had owned the album for years and never realised it was fully orchestrated so to see it as it was recorded was a real eye opener. I think there are a few other albums not yet uploaded in full so I will try and get them up too, check my original channel (tony peacock) I put hurdy gurdy man on that before it was restricted.
My favourite piece of Donovan trivia is the song "Fat Angel" that contains the line "Fly Jefferson Airplane" it turns out the line was sung about a dog in the studio called Jefferson airplane and not the band. which is strange considering I got into Donovan by noticing that fat angel was written by him on the back of the JA lp lol :)
Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment