Melancholia

"Ich steh mit einem Fuß im Grabe"


(I am standing with one foot in the grave),

Friday, October 14, 2016

Sonny Boy Williamson II - "Trying to make London my Home"




Sonny Boy Williamson II - "Trying to make London my Home

Published on Jul 8, 2014 
This video honors the 50th Anniversary of Sonny Boy Williamson participating
in the American Folk Blues Festival European Tour 1963 / 1964 and at
the same time the men behind the tour,

- Joachim Ernst Behrendt from SWR Radio / TV, who had the idea;
- Horst Lippmann from Lippman & Rau, who organized;
- Willie Dixon, the "Godfather of Blues", who had the connections.

Willie Dixon knew every blues musician in the US and named the best to Horst
Lippmann, who invited them to travel to Europe for this tour. They all
came! Howlin´ Wolf; John Lee Hooker; Memphis Slim and many, many others
of the finest. The tour made Blues much earlier popular in Europe than
in the United States.

You find here a compilation of allvideo-material about SBWII available from this tour,
from German, British, Swedish and Danish TV-Shows of that time.Willie Dixon plays
bass on several songs.

A tribute to some of the most important blues men ever

The songs (all with live performance on video except No. 1):

- I´m Tryin´ To Make London My Home
- Bye bye Bird (several versions)
- In My Younger Days
- Keep It To Yourself
- Gettin´ Out Of Town
- Nine Below Zero
- Got My Mojo Workin´ (Muddy Waters) - SBWII on harmonica
- Black Snake Blues (Victoria Spivey) - SBWII on harmonica
- Careless Love (Mae Mercer) - SBWII on harmonica
- My One Room Little Cabin
- I´m A Lonely Man
- Your Funeral - My Trial
- What Will Happen When I´m Gone
- You´re My Baby
- Goin´ Home / It´s Only A TV Show (likely an ad hoc performance)
- Bye Bye Baby, Good Bye (Allstars)

http://youtu.be/sma4iXWt-Mo
  • Category Music
  • License Standard YouTube License

No comments:

Post a Comment