Melancholia

"Ich steh mit einem Fuß im Grabe"


(I am standing with one foot in the grave),

Monday, October 27, 2014

Elina Garanca - Mon coeur s'ouvre à ta voix

Elina Garancas glorious interpretation of Camille Saint Saens "Mon coeur s'ouvre à ta voix" from Samson et Dalila.

In Baden Baden 3rd August 2007.

Lyrics and Translation

Mon coeur s'ouvre à ta voix, 
My heart opens to your voice,
comme s'ouvrent les fleurs 
like the flowers open
Aux baiser de l'aurore! 
To the kisses of the dawn!
Mais, ô mon bienaimé, 
But, o my beloved,
pour mieux sécher mes pleurs, 
To dry my tears the best,
Que ta voix parle encore! 
Let your voice speak again!
Dis-moi qu'à Dalila
Tell me that to Dalila
tu reviens pour jamais, 
You will return forever,
Redis à ma tendresse 
Repeat to my tenderness
Les serments d'autrefois, 
The oaths of other times,
ces serments que j'aimais! 
the oaths that I loved!
Ah! réponds à ma tendresse! 
Ah! respond to my tenderness!
Verse-moi, verse-moi l'ivresse! 
Pour out to me the drunkeness!

Ainsi qu'on voit des blés 
Like one sees the wheat
les épis onduler 
the blades undulate
Sous la brise légère, 
Under the light breeze,
Ainsi frémit mon coeur, 
So trembles my heart,
prêt à se consoler, 
ready to be consoled,
A ta voix qui m'est chère! 
by your voice which is dear to me!
La flèche est moins rapide 
The arrow is less quick
à porter le trépas, 
to carry death,
Que ne l'est ton amante 
Than is your love
à voler dans tes bras! 
to fly into my arms!
Ah! réponds à ma tendresse! 
Ah! resond to my tenderness!
Verse-moi, verse-moi l'ivresse! 
Pour out to me the drunkeness!

No copyright infringement intended.




No comments:

Post a Comment