Melancholia

"Ich steh mit einem Fuß im Grabe"


(I am standing with one foot in the grave),

Friday, July 19, 2013

Question mark key?

Did you notice my question mark key was not working... I wondered if you knew a fix?  I went online and asked the question and this is the answer... go figure????  it also asks why it happened but no answer to that

............................................
encountering the same problem. I have Chrome 2.0.172.27 installed on Windows 7 RC1 (32-bit). My OS Default input language is English (Canada) - US. The keyboard operates with a normal US layout for all applications except Chrome. 

In Chrome, regardless of what website I browse to, the keyboard appears to be acting European: 
- Instead of the question mark I get É 
- At-sign: " 
- Pound symbol: / 

I primarily use Chrome for GMail, but the mixed up punctuation is messing me up! Please fix, and in the meantime, can anybody suggest a workaround É Otherwise, I will have to switch to another browser.



"I just had this problem in Chrome v8.0.552.237.  Pressing the question mark ("?") key would give the "É" symbol.  Other keys would also be messed up.  The occurred in all Chrome tabs (Gmail, etc.), but all other applications worked OK (Notepad, Word, etc.).  Checking all the language setting in Chrome, Windows 7, etc. did nothing. 

Hitting the left CTRL and Shift keys simultaneously, twice, got rid of it. 

Why does it do that?"



hey, I had the same problem, for me it was actually the left Alt+Shift key instead of ctrl. 
then I went to Control Panel > Change keyboards or other input methods > change keyboards > Advanced Key Settings > then I selected "between input languages" > then clicked Change Key Sequence then selected "not assigned" for both, seeing as i never need to do that and this way it shouldn't happen again. 

Hope this helps! 


......................










No comments:

Post a Comment