Melancholia

"Ich steh mit einem Fuß im Grabe"


(I am standing with one foot in the grave),

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Philippe Jaroussky "Now that the sun hath veiled his light" (L'Arpeggiata)

Published on Mar 22, 2014
From the CD Music for a While - Improvisations on Purcell (Erato/Warner Classics)



Now that the sun hath veiled his light

(An Evening Hymn on a Ground) z193

Words by Bishop William Fuller

Arr. Christina Pluhar



Philippe Jaroussky, Wolfgang Muthspiel, Doron Sherwin,

Eero Palviainen, Sarah Ridy, Francesco Turrisi,

David Mayoral, Sergey Saprichev, Boris Schmidt,

Christina Pluhar



Now that the sun hath veiled his light

and bid the world good night,

to the soft bed my body I dispose,

but where shall my soul repose?

Dear God, even in thy arms, and can there be

any so sweet security?

Then to thy rest, O my soul!

and singing, praise

the mercy that prolongs thy days.

Hallelujah!






No comments:

Post a Comment